In Sumi Kitsune, we continue to translate and transform the traditional form of Wabori into playing card style, retaining as well as enhancing many of the interesting and delightful features we had in Sumi Playing Cards. The focus of Kitsune centers around the fox spirit, a staple in Japanese folklore. We scoured many different sources of folktales, stories and myths about fox spirits and selected a few well-known ones as sources of inspiration for the characters in the court cards.
Kistune continues to serve as an homage to Wabori and faithfully represents the visual nuances and quality that is the hallmark of the Japanese traditional tattoo once again. This creates a visual playing card masterpiece like no other – A masterpiece that weaves fantastical stories of begone times with modern playing card aesthetics.
- Special blue/red limited edition.
- Fully custom pips & courts. Ultra-thin border back design.
- Cards printed by the United States Playing Card Company on premium stock with traditional cut. Made in the USA.
- Craft edition tuck cases made from GMUND cotton paper from Germany. Letterpressed in Hong Kong.
- Produced and edited by Card Experiment Playing Card Company.